This is her with one of her Pre-K buddies at Meet the Teacher for Kindergarten students held on 8/28. Katelyn is doing an awesome job in school. Her teacher saw me in carpool one day last week and came up to me and told me, "I could just eat Katelyn up, she's such a joy to be around".
My smile beamed from ear to ear! Ms. Mitchiner (her teacher) went on to tell me that Katelyn is her helper during class - she helps other students out when they are stuck. I also learned that Katelyn is quite a fast learner in Math Blast - Mr. Thompson refused to let her go when I came to get the kids from school one day...he said that he needed her in there, she was too smart to let go!
Michael is also doing very well! His teacher, Ms. Kelsch, has been a 2nd grade teacher for 22 years! So far he has made all 100's on his spelling tests!! I don't see Ms. Kelsch in the halls in the mornings so I don't have more to tell on Michael right now.
Austin, so far so good - he has 8 teachers so the only thing that comes home are progress reports & report cards. Progress reports come home every 4.5 weeks and report cards come home every 9 weeks.
Abby's new saying is "oh-man"! She'll come up to me and ask for something and I'll either tell her "not right now" or "no" and she in turn says, "oh-man"! She sure can talk up a storm for a 2 yr old!
On the home front: Mark took a turn on his career and is taking a Real Estate course with Howard Perry and Walston Real Estate School in the Coldwell Banker building in Raleigh that starts on 9-28 - my birthday! Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston has been the leading full-service Real Estate provider in the Triangle market for over 30 years! It's a 4 week course, then he'll take the state test and get his license!!! We are very excited about this! Mark has been wanting to do this for the past 5 years.
~~~Here's some trivia - Founded in 1906 by Coldwell Banker
Benjamin Banker joined Coldwell in 1914 as his partner~~~
In other news: we've all been sick in the Hicks household. It started in Katelyn with an ear infection and upper respiratory infection then to Austin with upper respiratory infection with strep then to Michael with an ear infection and upper respiratory infection then to Abbygale and she had a double ear infection and double eye infection with congestion. Now I don't feel well and neither does Mark. Ugh! I disinfected everything I possibly could throughout the house - doorknobs, bathrooms, toys, remotes...you name it, I cleaned it! But, obviously this was something that had to just take it's course.
I'll post some pictures in a few days from the past month!


No comments:
Post a Comment