Friday, June 09, 2006

Baby #4!

Tuesday we found out that we were having baby #4! At first, we were very shocked, but now it's settled in and we are excited! I've just entered my 11th week which will make our due date December 26th-ish. Michael didn't give any reaction but, Katelyn was looking for the baby under my shirt! Austin has already picked out names, Veronica - if it's a girl and Matthew - if it's a boy. Not too fancy on Veronica and we already have 2 uncle Matt's. I told Austin that we have plenty of time to find the perfect name.
The kids are doing great! Austin is into his first week of his Summer vacation and Michael & Katelyn love having him home all day! We did find out that Austin does not have ADD/ADHD!
Found out that the school screwed up on his testing scores and screened him as having it, but after I had a "professional" test him, she told me that there was nothing wrong with him but has an excellent IQ and was indeed well above average in his academic level. I had expressed this avenue with Austins teacher and principal at the beginning of the school year, at that time of that meeting, both told me that Austin was at his current grade level and he had ADD/ADHD.
I went through a tremendous amount of stress with his school there at the end and I wrote a letter to the principal telling her how we felt about the ordeal about them ignoring my concerns with Austin not being challenged. Pointed out their mistakes and pointed out what they did find and had done nothing for Austin throughout the whole school year, etc. The principal in turn told me that I had severely upset her staff with my letter with "false" accusations. So, I'm looking into putting Austin in one of the 3 Gifted Education Schools in GISD and then get him tested in the Fall for grade advancement. I know he'll do great!
We've been searching for a minivan and we're close to getting one - can't wait!! Work for Mark and I has been a challenge. With the way the weather has been lately, after working in it all day, Mark somehow still finds the energy to work on his other business. He's been workn' hard!
Tonight, Ginny and Johnny are coming in for the weekend! We are celebrating my grandparents 60th Ann. and both of my sisters birthdays. We've been looking forward in some vacation time, we have a family reunion in NC in 2 weeks! Hadn't seen most of them in 5 years.
I'll be posting my progress on our pregnancy! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: