Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Weekend sickness....
We certainly started off our new year with sickness. Friday night Katelyn stirred up a fever, so we gave her medicine before she went to bed. She woke up Saturday morning feeling better, then her and Michael got congested and turned into a cough which both cough and congestion worsened throughout the day. Saturday night Katelyns fever came back, and between the little ones taking medicine and Mark and I being worn out - we all fell asleep by 9:45pm. Woke up just after the ball dropped in New York so we were able to see the "Central Time" ball drop! Michael and Katelyn woke up Sunday morning still congested and coughing but Katelyn had no fever. By mid-day Sunday, the cold medicine they were taking was finally doing the job, but the medication took Katelyns appetite away. It was a shock that the medication worked for Katelyn, because everytime we gave her her dose, she threw it back up. Sunday night Katelyn still wouldn't eat a thing. Finally Monday afternoon, she ate some mac n' cheese for lunch so we were excited because she hardly ate anything in that last 24 hours. Michael was back to his old self by mid Monday but Katelyn looked like somethin' awful. She took a 20 minute nap yesterday, and hardly didn't want to move, all she wanted was to be held by daddy. Katelyn finally ate around 8pm last night, pizza and apples! After that, she was 100% better. Running around, jumping and playing. Today, both Mark and I woke up not feeling well. I'm sick and the kids just won't calm down, I'm not as bad as Katelyn, but I definitely have congestion and slight cough with a headache. Michael and Katelyn are at the ending stage of whatever they had, which is good, we can finally get some sleep-we hardly got any over Marks 3 day holiday weekend. We had so much planned for the kids and couldn't do one thing. Austin goes back to school tomorrow, back to the ol' routine. I just hope he doesn't get sick and miss school. Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment